Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Printing Script functioning different on OS X

mig1980

Good day everyone. I have a slight dilemma on my hands with one of my company's databases. I have a few printing scripts to print certain layouts in landscape and certain layouts in portrait so that all the user has to do is click on a button and it prints in the correct format.

The issue arises because the scripts and databases were created in FM 5 and I was just informed by a user that using FM 6 and OS X, the script is acting differentally. Under FM 6 and OS X the switch between landscape and portrait. Any ideas on how I could get this to work?

Thanks,

Miguel

Open solution in FileMaker under OS X.

Manually set the Page Setup as appropriate for each script / layout. Yes, it's a pain in the butt.

Open each relevant script after having manually done Page Setup, then close it. When prompted, opt to replace the saved Page Setup instrux with the current parameters. Yes, I know that sounds like it would overwrite the OS 9 params, which work fine in OS 9, but oddly enough it doesn't.

Manually set the Page Setup as appropriate for each script / layout. Yes, it's a pain in the butt.

But if he (Miguel) had used sub-scripting there would only be two Page Setup scripts to open up and modify (Portrait and Landscape). ;)

True. Or four (Portrait/Current Record Only, Landscape/Current Record Only, Portrait/Found Set, Landscape/Found Set) if you include the main print commands as well. (Those also need to be set separately for the different platforms). Or six (there's Windows to contend with as well in a cross-platform environment). But I agree that referencing the subscripts is more elegant. Troubleshooting a misfiring print script is an annoyance.

Hi there everyone and thanks for responding. I am a novice when it comes down to troubleshooting on FileMaker. My question is, can the scripts work for both platforms (OS X and OS 9)? If so, what are the steps I need to do to change this? I have a Print Screen layout which the script enters to print the particular layout that is desired. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Miguel

But if he (Miguel) had used sub-scripting there would only be two Page Setup scripts to open up and modify (Portrait and Landscape). ;)

Never mind everyone. I think I figured it out. I didn't see the response from AHunter3 which seemed to have worked. Thank you all very much.

Miguel

Hi there everyone and thanks for responding. I am a novice when it comes down to troubleshooting on FileMaker. My question is, can the scripts work for both platforms (OS X and OS 9)? If so, what are the steps I need to do to change this? I have a Print Screen layout which the script enters to print the particular layout that is desired. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Miguel

Important Information

Terms of Use