Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Kiosk Mode on windows

bobak

Hey guys

I am trying to make a little kiosk login terminal for my school and development-wise i have had no issues. however when I compile a runtime kiosk on my mac and try it out it works fine and all methods of exiting are disabled unless you use my script that requires an admin login.

However on windows when i make the kiosk runtime, anything goes, Alt+tab works, i can press the start button i can press ctrl+alt+delete and worse of all i can press alt+F4 to quit the application while logged in has a guest. I can't tell my school to buy a mac because they are planning on using an old pc form the IT block to run this solution.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Bobak

This is not so much a FileMaker question as a Windows question. Alt+tab, ctrl+alt+delete and alt+F4 are all standard Windows commands. If you don't want users to be able to do that on the machine, you will have to disable them in some way for Windows., This may involve some kind of program or registry hack. Google "disable ctrl alt delete" and you will get some ideas. Obviously you want to maintain your ability to access these commands if needed.

Important Information

Terms of Use