Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Instant Web Publishing layout problem... help!

gpix

I am working on a database which is to be published via IWP. The layout has been populated with various fields to display as checkbox sets, and the option "include 'Other...' item to allow entry of other values" has been set. No when viewing the database through a browser via IWP, the 'other' checkbox doesn't show up. What gives?? Any suggestions?

I don't think the popup-dialog for specifying other is web-compatible, much the same as Show Custom Dialog is not web-compatible.

You'd have to have a button that navigated the user to a dedicated dialog page where they'd type in the alternative value then click OK or Done to go back from whence they came.

EDIT: Or put the same field a second time on the layout formatted as a normal Edit Box. Maybe use the selfjoin-portal / only-show-field-under-specified-conditions trick to make it invisible until/unless the user clicks a button "Other Value". That ought to be web-compatible and less klunky than going to an entirely different layout.

Thanks for the quick response AHunter... I'm not quite sure what you mean by dedicated dialogue page... do you mean another layout? A seperate webpage as in through a webviewer? Would the page be hosted in the FMpro web folder? Would it use a some other scripting language, like PHP?

I meant another layout right there in the same database file, referencing the same field except formatted as a plain old Edit Box, so the web-browsing user could type whatever they want.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.