Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Problem transferring data from Filemaker to Office 2004

maclover

I am currently using Filemaker Pro 6 and just recently downloaded the trial version of 8.5 but am having trouble exporting data to Word and excel (same problem I had with 7). I frequently use my databases to produce various spreadsheets and to merge with various Word documents however; when I open my excel and click Data-Get External Data-Import from Filemaker Pro; it won't let me select my 8.5 db's. The same thing happens with Word. I am using Office 2004. Help!! This is driving me crazy.

I don't have a good answer for you, but for a workaround you can export data from FileMaker as tab-delimited or comma-delimited text and then open/convert that in Excel.

EDIT: I do vaguely recall hearing about integration with Office being a known issue, if I run across a cite / source, I'll come back and post it.

No clue about Word, I don't use Word, don't own Word, and wouldn't want any of my application software forced to share hard drive space with Word. I do all my mail-merging in FileMaker itself. (Yay merge codes).

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.