Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Experience of Pro 8 using WindowsXP in UK

keithlemmon

I have been using FileMaker on Macs now for about 2 years, and have left my job, needing to use it now on my Windows XP remotely, freelancing, has anyone experience of this platform for Pro 8 before I buy a copy, and hopefully start work again?......Cheers, Keith smiley-smile

smiley-smile Sorry to confuse you David, but I have only worked on Macs for FM, and wondered what I was in for in terms of differences when I buy my XP copy for Windows, since this is quite an investment when purchasing the advanced version.....Keith

Well not a lot really. Keyboard shortcuts are different as for any MacWin conversion. Some issues with window management on Windows. But all in all it is the same program on both platforms.

When you purchase, you will be buying a hybrid CD that contains both Mac and PC installers. Of course you are buying only one license so you then decide where to install it.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.