Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

HTML Email And Macintosh

FredP

I have a script that generates an email based on the current record viewing. This email using HTML codes to make certain charaters bold for example.

These work fine on a PC. But when a mac user launches the script, it generates an email with & in the text stream...

Any ideas why?

Example of a line from the email body would be :

&"<b>Status: </b>" & Shots::Status & ¶

Probably because the PC user is using some hideous godforsaken email client that actually does HTML email, which is of course an abomination in the eyes of God; whereas the Mac user is probably using Apple's own Mail, which has the good sense to have nothing to do with HTML email.

(Seriously, I don't think Mail does HTML email. You could find a Mac email client that does and designate that as the default email program for that username/computer. I can't swear that the Mac version of FileMaker isn't itself immune to the virulence called HTML email but my guess is that it's the email client)

I had no idea you were so against HTML email... ;)

I dont want to change their client email app, so i will make our emails not be HTML i guess.. which sucks because it was a nicely formated email.

Apple Mail reads HTML mail just fine. I think (I am not a fan of HTML mail either, so I haven't tried it) that the method to send HTML mail is to attach a HTML file.

Important Information

Terms of Use