Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

file automatically adds username/password which I don't know and can't get into

lauren_newbie

Hi everyone,

I was after some assistance. For some reason, my filemaker database has started asking for a user name and password before it opens, when it never did beforehand.

So does anyone know why this is and how I can get around it, because now I can't get into the program, this is occurring in filemaker 7 develope and 8 advanced (I try open in both).

I am very sure that I have not set any passwords on this file,

thanks,

Lauren

What is the history of the file? Has it been upgraded to FP7 format? Are you saying that you used to open it without a password and then one day it asked for one?

Hi David,

It was created in developer 7 and the run time solution has been being used successfully. There are earlier versions of the file that do not have a password on them, but the later files, and the final one now have a password on them. The file did not need to have security on it because it was used on single pc.

I have not tried to upgrade it to 8. Do you know of anyway to get into the file?

thanks,

Lauren

All files in FM7/8 have at least one account. By default, new files get an account called Admin with a blank password. Also by default, this account information is used to log in automatically (set in File->File Options). If the Admin account's password was changed or the File Option to log in automatically has changed, it would start asking for a password.

Try 'Admin' with a blank password.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.