Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Move record from one portal to another, 2 TOs of one Table.

alajjana samantha

Ultimately what i am trying to do is get a user to select a record from 'ClassCard_2'- >'Classes Taken2' and move it to the selected Class Card on the portal 'ClassCard_1' TO.

The Layout is bases on the table 'Students'

'Students' --> 'Class Card' --> 'Classes Taken'

'Class Card' had two TOs 'ClassCard1' and 'ClassCard2'

'Classes Taken' has two TOs 'Classes Taken1' and 'Classes Taken2'

g_studentID is a global variable.

'g_student_ID1' on the 'Students' table is related to 'k_StudentID' on the table 'ClassCard_1'

'k_Class_Card' on the 'ClassCard_1' is related to k_Class_taken on the table 'ClassCard_1

and

'g_student_ID2' on the 'Students' table is related to 'k_StudentID on the table 'ClassCard_2'

'k_Class_Card' on the 'ClassCard_2' is related to k_Class_taken on the table 'ClassCard_2

----------------

While a solution on how to move a 'Classes Taken' record from one 'Class Card' to another would be great the problem i have having has really got me stumped.

I have four portals. If i set 'g_student_ID1' and 'g_student_ID2' to the same value then the portals 'ClassCard_1' and 'ClassCard_2' should display the same information.

They do not. 'ClassCard_1' is correct, while 'ClassCard_2' portal has the correct number of rows, but each row just repeats the first row over and over. (as does the child portal 'Classes Taken2')

I am completely stumped...

Any help anywhere would be appreciated...

Hi Samantha

I don't fully understand your configuration, but it sounds like the classcard 2 portal is on a layout that displays data from the wrong TO.

From your description I can't say which it should be or whether you'll need a new one.

hope this helps. If not, can you post a stripped version of your file or a screenshot of your TO graph?

kjoe

This functionality sounds similar to how I move Contacts from the Contacts portal to the Addressee portal in my MergeLetters demo. You might look at how that words and see if that's what you need.

Your problem with blank portal lines is likely from the fields in the portal not having the same (or a related) TO as the portal.

Important Information

Terms of Use