The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
classact

Server error message from too many emails

classact

When sending emails across a found set of records, I'm getting an error message from my outgoing mail server (in my case Comcast) saying there are "too many connections". I'm sending them as "multiple emails - one for each record in found set.

I was told by a Comcast rep that it's to prevent spam abuse, but surely I can't be the only person who wants to send more then one email at a time w/out CC'ing everone on my list.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Mike

Maarten Witberg

How many emails are we talking about? I'm all for preventing spam abuse :)

Nevertheless, what you could do is find out their limit (per hour? per minute?) and then send out in batches the size of limit-1

kjoe

classact

I agree....I hate spam. Rest assured, the people receiving these emails want to receive them. I was sending out a batch of 30 messages when I got that error. The thing is, I got the message after the 5th message went out. The error messages I got, which were back to back:

, Server Response: ' 69.245.42.2 has too many connections ( 2 ) on rwcrmhc13', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60

and

Server Response: '450 too frequent connects from 69.245.42.2, please try again later.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 450, Error Number: 0x800CCC68

Almost as if FM is firing the messages out too fast. I dunno, just trying to automate the process a bit.

Mike

Maarten Witberg

Thirty messages... that's hardly a lot :P

I'm thinking maybe it's not so much spam prevention as a bandwidth issue. You'd have to inform with your provider.

kjoe

classact

Just a follow up - I talked to Comcast, and they are saying it's in place to prevent spam. This really sucks, given that a) it's not spam, and b) it's not even that many messages that we're talking about. Kind of makes the whole email function of Filemaker a mute point.

I just can't believe that I'm the only person using Filemaker who is also using Comcast that has these issues.

Maybe someone will let me know. Feel free to email me directly if you like at mike@classactentertainment.com

thanks,

Mike

Important Information

Terms of Use