Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

mattmann23

My problem is as follows.

I am trying to create an inventory database, this database imports the parts built and uses calculations to determine which pieces of metal is consumed.

I want to have these all summed up and then use a calculation to determine how many are left in stock from subtracted used from inventory.

The problem is that the information gets imported and changes monthly so I want the in currently stock #and remainder left on a different table so they never get erased and are altered by the user.

I can't get it to work. I have the database I can email...

Thansk

mpercival@marineplastics.ca

I don't see how that could work. You can only create a layout based on a single table. Of course, you can add fields from other related tables, but if you add unrelated fields, there is no way for Filemaker to know which data it should be displaying with the current record.

Hi.

I'm not really sure where this is headed, but you can create portals using the X join ("cartesian join") in the relationship setup dialog so any record in table 1 will be related to any record in table 2.

kjoe

that's OK hardline. I'm just wondering how this relates to Mattmanns original post, as I do not fully understand the question and the way things are set up.

kjoe

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.