Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Calculation of number of persons who are active

nrsmd

I have a client list, each person has an ID#. The field has a unique number associated with it. I also have a field that is defined as "date of closure" which signifies that the client is no longer active. I can have a maximum of 30 clients.

Now, there can be hundreds of ID#'s and hundreds of closure dates.

I want a calculation formula for continually calculating the number of active patrons which would, in effect, count up the number of ID# fields and substract out the number of dates of closure to give an accurate list of active individuals in my database.

Hi there

In one of my databases I have a yes/no field for "current"

Then I have a script which performs a find on that field and then shows omitted only ie:

Perform find [restore] - based on Current="NO"

show omitted only

Attach this to a button and you then can get a found set of your current clients and the the found set number will give you the number of the active clients.

To update your records to the new field use the replace field contents menu item ( under records) to mark all records "NO" then show all records and constrain the set on a record with an empty closure date and mark all those records as "YES" - ie current.

I have a client list, each person has an ID#. The field has a unique number associated with it. I also have a field that is defined as "date of closure" which signifies that the client is no longer active. I can have a maximum of 30 clients.

I want a calculation formula for continually calculating the number of active patrons which would, in effect, count up the number of ID# fields and subtract out the number of dates of closure to give an accurate list of active individuals in my database.

You first need a calculation field to show a record as "active".

Let's call the field ClientActive:

= Case(IsEmpty(Date of Closure); 1)

(make sure you UNcheck "Do not evaluate if all referenced fields are empty")

Then you need a summary field that we will call ActiveCount:

= Count of ClientActive

The summary field will return the number of active clients in the found set. So Show All Records to get an accurate total count for the table.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.