Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

No access to fields in a table - Help!

Jon Baldvin

I'm suddenly having a problem accessing all fields in one table of a FMPro 8 solution I'm working on.

I've tried anything without any results.

The table is relational and actually shows new records in the Line table (empty of course, since I can't write anything in the fields).

I have a count on each record and when a new record is created it shows 1/0 records, then 2/0 etc.

All other tables are ok.

Please, anyone, help, I'm loosing my mind over this!

Does your login password have Full Access (ie: can you access the Define->Database dialog, etc.) or are you logging in with a user account? Is the file hosted or on your local computer? Do you have a recent backup?

Does your login password have Full Access (ie: can you access the Define->Database dialog, etc.) or are you logging in with a user account? Is the file hosted or on your local computer? Do you have a recent backup?

I have full access. The file is on my local computer. The backup I have is not brand new so therefore I'd like to repair instead of loosing a couple of days work.

If you're seeing record 1 of 0 or record 2 of 0, then it sounds like you have corruption. You could try a Recover, to see if it changes anything.

If it is corruption, you should probably go back and rebuild from a known-good backup. Although Recover is useful for retrieving data from a damaged file, it hasn't historically repaired the file sufficiently to keep the same or similar corruption from coming back. FM8 is supposed to have a smarter method for repairing damage to the file when doing the Recover, but I don't think I'd trust it.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.