Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Normal hours in a Time Sheet

Corey

I want to set up a time sheet but am a little baffled as to how to set the Normal Hours (weekdays - 7:30AM to 3:30PM) as Normal Time and then the 1st 3 hours as Time & a Half then all other hours outside these times as Double time?

I do not know where to begin,

can anyone give me a pointer to the right set up for this?

Corey....

Can you clarify how many hours counts as "Normal", and how many count as "Time and a Half"? Is this per day or per week?

Can you clarify how many hours counts as "Normal", and how many count as "Time and a Half"? Is this per day or per week?

Each Weekday (Mon-Fri) has 7:30AM - 3:30PM as Normal Hours.

This is actually paid as 7.6hrs (Less Lunch break).

This totals 38hrs per week.

7.6hrs per day.

The 1st 3 hours in excess of the 7.6(8hr block)is paid at 1.5x the Normal Time.

This is the case for Weekdays, and also the 1st 3 Hours worked on a Saturday. Remaining hrs in excess of 3 worked on a Saturday is paid at Double Time.

Sunday work is all paid at Double Time.

But, in the case of Breakdowns there is NO 3 hrs at time and a half.

(I could modify this by another field)

Corey....

So if you have the total hours for the day, and the Date, you can then calculate the Normal Hours, TimeAndAHalf, and DoubleTime. It should look something like this (untested):

Normal Hours (calculation, number result) = case(DayOfWeek(Date) > 1 and DayOfWeek(Date) 8; 8; Total Hours))

TimeAndAHalf (calculation, number result) = case(DayOfWeek(Date) > 1 and DayOfWeek(Date) 8; case(Total Hours > 11; 3;Total Hours - 8)); DayOfWeek(Date) = 7; case(Total Hours > 3; 3; Total Hours))

DoubleTime (calculation, number result) = case(DayOfWeek(Date) > 1 and DayOfWeek(Date) 11; Total Hours - 11); DayOfWeek(Date) = 7; case(Total Hours > 3; Total Hours - 3); DayOfWeek(Date) = 1; Total Hours)

Hi Cory

I had to do a roster costing programme for 24 hr staff with 4 different rates in a day + sat+ sun rates- and colour code start times..

Found the best way was to set up a field for each day for each starttime, each finishtime and each meal time - ie day1st, day1fin,day1break, defined as 'time' fields. Then for each day have a cal field - day1hrswrk. Then do the costing on the cal field something like Case(day1hrswrk>11;(8*ordt)+(3*1.5)+((day1hrswrk-11)*2.0))) then the next case and the default . Sat and Sund would have different cals.

Seems daunting to have all those fields in each record but its really not so bad because you can copy down the definitions and change day1st - day2st and so on. So for a week you have 7start times ,7 finish times, 7 breaks (in case they are not standard), 7 hrsworked fields ect - 7 costing cals, 1 weekly wage cal (ie addingt he 7 costing cals)

Good Luck

Important Information

Terms of Use