Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Finding Date Range in Scripts

Gill Shaddick

I'm sure this is a simple question - so forgive me!

I want to write a script that will include finding a range of dates, but entering the dates with three dots between doesn't work - I tried to use insert (Calculated Result) and Set Field but can't anything to work. I wanted to use the date range to find records in two separate fields, as I am trying to make a report of changes during a certain period. ie. Finding when new contracts were made and when old contracts finished during a particular date range. I wanted the user to put the date range just once and to be able to use this range to track both sets of information. Does this make sense to anyone out there!

Hi, Gill !

You have as i understand Start_Date and Finish_Date for contracts.

1. Now if you want find records, which started and finished in range you put range in both fields.

2. If you want find records which started or finished in range you must create to find requests: in the first you must fill only Stqart_Date, in the second you must fill Finish_Date.

Thanks Guru aaa,

But now I want to incorporate finding that range into a script. I thought it would be easier to make a separate field and paste that into the two seperate start_date and finish_date fields so that the script would find the two sets of records and in one report I could show the changes - ie new starts and terminations during the period? How do I get finding the range into a script! Tks, Gill.

If you want two reports script must be near such:

1. Enter find mode

2. Set field[start_Date,Your_Range]

3. Find

4. Print

5. Enter find mode

6. Set field[ Finish_Date,Your_Range]

7 Find

8. Print

Important Information

Terms of Use