Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

newbie ????

Michael Fahey

I have set up a simple database to use in my work as a school counselor. In addition to basic fields (name, address, year of graduation, etc.), i also have set up fields to use as flags for report cards, progress reports, contact and phone logs and absences. I would like to use these year to year. Just wondering how i can do this next year without losing all the information that i inputed this year. In addition, i import alot of the basic information from our school's database, which is not filemaker. This saves alot of time inputing some of the basic informtion. Again, i will need to import information for about 50 new freshman and also make necessary changes to existing students. Any suggestions on the best way to do this and at the same time, keep information from last year. I am trying to keep it as basic as possible. Finally, i am a little confused on security issue. As i input more and more information, i am always concerned about someone getting into the database.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MTF

Hi, Michael!

For each record you csn have date and before reporting found nesessary records. Have in DB all your records.

Security in FM is very good and you can use it.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.