Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Conditional Value List in Find Mode

DeeBee

Hello Filemaker Cafe Users,

I need a conditional value list in Find Mode. I.e., in Find Mode, when a user selects from a first value list, the second value list should show only the available choices. Problem is the second VL always reports . Any ideas or pointers?

Hello Filemaker Cafe Users,

I need a conditional value list in Find Mode. I.e., in Find Mode, when a user selects from a first value list, the second value list should show only the available choices. Problem is the second VL always reports . Any ideas or pointers?

Hi, DeeBee!

Works without problem.

Look attachment

Hi, DeeBee!

Works without problem.

Look attachment

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, aaa. However, since I'm not a paid up member, I cannot download your solution. smiley-cry Would you care to elaborate in text?

Thanks!!!

Hello all,

The FileMaker Knowledge Base answer #5833 was very helpful. Works in Find mode as well.

In my case, I needed to create a script on the second button to copy the first find selection to a global field and use that to make the relationship for the second button's values. So, after selecting the first option, when you click on the second pop-up, it copies the first selection to a global (which fires off the relationship) and then returns you to the second field, where you can then select one of the appropriate choices.

Neat!

Important Information

Terms of Use