Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Need help with simple multi key releationship

rdill5312

This is probably something really easy but here is what I am trying to do:

I have two tables and they are a one to many relationship. I have no problem with the portal and looking at all of the records in the related table. I have a field in the related table that will have the values "Open" or "Closed" (This is a status field). I have a global field that will contain the same values in the primary table. I want to create a portal view that will show only the Open or Closed records, depending on what the user selects in the global field. I have added the second instance of the related table in the relationship graphs and created a relation ship where the primary key = foreign key AND global field = Status field. When I set the portal to use this relationship it only shows the first record in the related table or nothing at all. I am using the same drop down list for the global field and the status field so I know the field data is the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

By any chance, is the status field a calculation field? If yes, is it a stored calculation? In order for relationships to work, values must be stored. Let me know.

Neither of the fields are calculations. Both of the fields are drop down lists which use the same value list. I have created two portals side by side to try and trouble shoot this. One of the portals uses the first relations ship (only the primary key = foreign key. This displays all of the related records as it should. The portal beside it uses the second relation ship (Primary key = Foreign Key AND Status = Status). Currently I only have one related record in the database with a status of closed. When I select closed for the global field the portal using the second relationship shows 2 lines with the same record. When I switch the global field to Open it still shows the related record, but only one line. I'm confused.

Important Information

Terms of Use