Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Getting a Runtime solution to work on a PC

forbade

Question

I have Filemaker 8 ADV for Mac and I want to create a runtime envirioment for a friend of mine who uses PC.

I cannot figure out how to bind the Database for PC using my Mac Filemaker Software.

Do I have to buy another Filmaker ADV for PC and then Bind it using that Version?

I can set up my Runtime on the mac ok, but I cannot figure out how to set it up for PC.

any help is appreciated.

*I looked up the information in the the Developer manual but all it said was

"FileMaker Pro database files are cross-platform compatible. The FileMaker Developer Utilities for Mac OS X and Windows are each platform specific, and each creates a runtime database for that platform only. So the actual runtime database must be created on the platform on which it is intended to be run.

If your solution will be used in Windows, bind it using the Developer Utilities for Windows. If your solution will be used on Mac OS X, bind it using the Developer Utilities for Mac OS X. If you’re creating a solution to be used on both Windows and the Mac OS X, create two separate runtime solutions by binding the original solution files twice: first using FileMaker Developer Utilities for Windows, and then using FileMaker Developer Utilities for Mac OS X. Use the same binding key on both platforms. Also, remember that binding keys are case sensitive.

For detailed information on creating runtime databases please refer to the FileMaker Pro 8 Advanced Development Guide."

I cannot find an option within my version of Filemaker(mac) that refers to a Developer Utilites for PC

2 answers to this question

You need to bind it on the PC. Install your developer copy on a pc, make the runtime. The procedure is the same except you'll be looking at the XP GUI. :P

kjoe

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.