Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Go to Related Record

Lemur

I had thought I'd understood this, but it appears it won't do what I want this to do.

Let's say I have two files - Players and Games, there's a join table called PlayerGames.

I have a portal in Players that lists all the games that player has played; and a portal in Games that lists all the players that have played that game.

I want to click a button in the portal - for example, in Players - that will take me to the ONE record in Games for that game -- instead, Go to Related Record only takes me into the join file.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks!

Chris

Edited; I had "players" but meant "games".

Go to Related Record [show only related records; From table: "Games"; Using Layout: "Games Layout" (Games) ]

A few other points ;0

1) I only have FM 5.5 - I don't know if that matters

2) What you're saying, I can't seem to do - in Players, I don't have the option to select fields/tables from Games - only from the join file. I can't go directly INTO Games...

Chris

Wow, I forgot to look at the version.

Unfortunately, I only know how to make things happen in 8, so I'm not sure how GTRR works in 5.5. Sorry!

Is there any way to make it a two step process, like go to the record in the Join table from Players, and then go from that record to the Game record?

I'm sure I'd be able to do that (the 2-step process), but I'm trying to see if I can find something more elegant....

But, in a pinch, yes, that's what I'd have to do...

Chris

Important Information

Terms of Use