Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Searching on container fields

mblanken

Has anyone had success finding records where reference to an external file was stored in a container field?

Or, explained in other terms, I have a set of 693 records. Of those records, some of them have something in the container field, and some don't. The data that is in the container field is a shortcut to a pdf file (file reference) stored on another network drive.

How do I found out how many records have that file reference? We've not had success searhing on container fields. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi mblanken,

All you need to do is create a calculation field with the following formula.

If(not isempty(ContainerField), 1,"")

This formula will return a "1" if your container field is not empty. You can change the "1" to a different result if preferred.

I hope this answers your questions. Good Luck!

If you've stored the file references, you can use get(activefieldcontents) to return the filepath. I think you can use that to store the filename in a separate field, and then perform the find on that text field.

kjoe

Hey Kjoe,

I just noticed your new avatar of a green vulture… Interesting! smiley-wink Any symbolism there my friend? smiley-wink smiley-laughing smiley-tongue-out So Cool!

Harry

Hey Mike

I don't think that's a vulture. Maybe an albatross or a parrot.
Let the boy answer for himself will yah. This ain't no game show "Name that Bird". You're thinking about the last party when you gave everyone the piece sign and they returned half of it!smiley-tongue-out

An albatross or a parrot... You gettin over some kind of bird flew or somethin? Or maybe that last Survivor sequel was just a little too much for you! Seriously though I'm happy you jumped in for ol Kjoe, what can be said after a post saying, "get(activefieldcontents) to return the filepath"! I mean, who writes his stuff?

Come on Kjoe; don't be some Girley-Mon you just tell us straight out it's a Vulture. We love sincerity!smiley-laughing

Harry

it's a crow. any interpretations as to its symbolism you make at your own peril. It's a carrion eater, preferably eyeballs or so I'm told. Unless that's raven (which, incidentally, was my former avatar. you can tell the difference by the shape of its tail). Maybe I'll do a turkey 'round christmas.

and then a turkey vulture.

kjoe

:D

19085.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.